Singapore vs Hong Kong (In Cantonese)
Dr Chan Yan Chong, a Singaporean who has been living in Hong Kong for the past 26 years, shared his view on Hong Kong Phoenix TV Station about the passing of Singapore founding father Mr Lee Kuan Yew and the Singapore system. He also compared Singapore vs Hong Kong ‘s social political situation. The TV interview is in Cantonese.
Who is Dr Chan Yan Chong
Dr. Chan Yan Chong graduated from Nanyang Technological University in Singapore with a degree in Mathematics. Then he went to England to further study, and obtained a Master Degree in Operational Research at the University of Lancashire, and Doctorate in Management Studies at Manchester University.
Dr. Chan is currently
- MBA Programme Director at City University of Hong Kong
- Associate professor of Department of Management Sciences
- Group leader of Centa-City Index (Known as CCI) research group.
- Advisor to the Central Policy Unit of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, council member of Shan Shui Po District Council
- Advisor to Ganzhou City Government in Jiangxi Province
- President of the Operational Research Society of Hong Kong
Dr. Chan had been an advisor to many enterprises and organizations.
In 2001, Dr. Chan was the prize winner of the best commercial application research award of City University of Hong Kong. He has published 13 professional books and more than 3,000 articles, and is a feature column writer for many newspapers and magazines. He is frequently invited to television, radio broadcast, and press in China, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore to give his views on economic and management topics.